After 4 flights and traveling over 21 hours from Los Angeles, we finally arrived in Tenali, India. We were greeted with a beautiful song and dance from the children at the orphanage where they ended their final dance by throwing flowers at us and giving me beautiful flower leis.
What we accomplished-
- Meeting the kids at the orphanage and hearing some of their stories about what an impact the orphanage has had on their lives.
- Planting seeds for the new harvest (eggplant, curry, peppers)
- Gender checking to see if the fish are mating on their own to increase the fish population naturally
- Testing the pH levels and making adjustments
- Discussing how to keep the water cool enough for the fish when it's 105 degrees outside